Kathryn's Cafe Place
|This page is a stub. Please help expand the usefulness of the Charles de Lint's Newford Wiki by expanding it!|
Cafe and meeting place
Books Appears InEdit
- Dreams Underfoot —
- "Stone Drum"
- "The Conjure Man"
- In the House of My Enemy
- "Our Lady of the Harbour"
- Memory and Dream
Kathryn's Café is one of Newford's many student hang-outs and job opportunities for aspiring artists.
Visual and Aesthetic DescriptionEdit
"It was like the area itself, with its narrow streets and old stone buildings, the cafe had an old world feel about it—from the dark wood paneling and hand-carved chair backs to the small round tables, with checkered tablecloths, fat glass condiment containers and straw-wrapped wine bottles used as candleholders. The music piped in over the house sound system was mostly along the lines of Telemann and Vivaldi, Kitaro and old Bob James albums. The waitresses wore cream-colored pinafores over flower-print dresses." ~ "The Stone Drum" — Dreams Underfoot
History / BackgroundEdit
Character Connections Edit
|Jilly Cop-percorn||artist||employee||"Conjure Man"||BFF & soul-sis: Wendy;|
|Wendy St. James||poet, "art crowd "||employee||"Conjure Man"||BFF & soul-sis: Jilly;|
|Meran Kelledy||Dryad||customer||"Stone Drum"||talk with Jilly: Stone Drum|
|Geordie Riddell||fiddler musician||see Jilly, eat||"Paperjack"||look for Jilly: found info on Sam|
Notes / CommentsEdit
- Kitaro | Domo Music Group
- Kitarō - Wikipedia
- Georg Philipp Telemann - Wikipedia
- Georg Philipp Telemann: a detailed biography
- ▶ Telemann Oboe Concerto - YouTube
- Antonio Vivaldi - Wikipedia
- ▶ Four Seasons ~ Vivaldi - YouTube
- Antonio Vivaldi – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at Last.fm
- BOB JAMES | artist | musician | legend
- Bob James (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia