Reece, aka Peregrin Laurie — Character
Young human man
Books and Stories this Character Appears In Edit
Description / Bio Edit
His parents were both burnouts from the sixties. They lived in West Hollywood—they became more embarrassing to Reece the older he got. The named him Perigrin after Pippin Took from The Lord of the Rings.
Growing up, Reece was never punished, since his parents simply 'let him do his own thing.' Ashamed of his parents, Reece left home the first chance he had. Reece is homeless, sleeping on park benches and in parks.
Reece is haunted by the presence of a monster which he refers to as the "Booger." Red-eyed and all teeth, it follows him around causing destruction wherever it goes.
Personality and CharacterEdit
The Booger is perhaps a physical manifestation of Reece's anger or fear.
Reece is "as sharp-faced as a weasel, a narrow-shouldered thin whip of a teenager." He wears a two-inch multicolored mohawk.
Reece develops a crush on Ellen Brady
Connections (characters, places) Edit
|Ellen Brady||human||gave aid after beaten||sees Balloon Men|
|Booger||monster||follows Reece||black, mouthful of barracuda teeth, claws|
Events in the Series (spoilery area) Edit
"Uncle Dobbin's Parrot Fair": After getting beaten by gang of thugs, Reece is aided by Ellen Brady who takes him home, tends his winds and feeds him. Reece helps her find her magic and she helps him rid the Booger.
- Charles de Lint - Dreams Underfoot
- The Wordwood | Char / PeregrinLaurie browse
- The Wordwood | Char / EllenBrady browse
- The Wordwood | Stories / UncleDobbinsParrotFair browse
- Peregrin Took - Tolkien Gateway
- Council of Elrond » LotR News & Information » Peregrin Took
- Peregrin Took - Lord of the Rings Wiki
- Peregrin Took - Wikipedia
- The Encyclopedia of Arda - Peregrin ‘Pippin’ Took I
- Peregrin Took ~ Thain's Book
- Peregrin Took - Middle-Earth Encyclopedia
- Pippin ~ LotR
- Peregrin Took - Lotro-Wiki.com